Ram Vilas Paswan, a Dalit leader who bought human touch to the policy-making, passed away on Thursday. He is a current union Consumer Affairs minister, 10-time MP, eight from the Hajipur seat. Ram Vilas Paswan is known as an intelligent politician who always found himself in the ruling party. Since 1989, when Mr Paswan began his career in politics and served five times as a union minister under different prime ministers.
He is being remembered for some of the most significant achievements, like opening the telecom sector, one ration one nation cards, and the introduction digitalization of the food procurement system. They have made some essential changes in the farming sector to hold their crops of oilseeds, cereals, and pulses. He served as union communication and IT minister from 1999 to 2001 and made various changes for new private sectors. During his stint in the food and consumer ministry, Ram Vilas Paswan pushed FCI record digitization in linking Aadhar and ration card.
Political Carrier Timeline Of Ram Vilas Paswan
Ram Vilas Paswan – (5 July 1946- 8 October 2020) was a well-known Indian politician from Bihar, the Lok Janshakti Party’s former president. He has always predicted right which side the political wind blew and
- Minister of labor and welfare- 1989–90
- The minister of railways- 1996–98
- Minister of communications -1999–2001
- Chemicals and fertilizers and then steel—2009
- Worked as Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution in May 2014
- Currently, he is working as a union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution- 2019-2020
Ram Vilas Paswan was known to be an eight-time Lok Sabha member and one-time Rajya Sabha MP. He was also worked as the Chairman of Vichar Shakti, 2002, and former president of LJP.
- Member of SC/ST Welfare Committee- 1977-78,
- DDA Advisory Council- 1980-85
- Worked for Parliamentary Official Language Committee- 1980-85 and 1989-95
- AIIMS Advisory Committee- 1991-96
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Board- 1998-99
- Member of India-Trinidad and Tobago Parliamentary Friendship Group
How Did He Manage His Political Carrier Under Six Different PMs
Mr Paswan has a special knack of predicting political winds as he worked under six prime ministers. He has earned the title of weathervane (Mausam Vaigyanik) and found a place under the ministry of VP Singh, Deve Gowda, IK Gujral, Vajpayee, Manmohan Singh, and present PM Narendra Modi. From 1989 to 2020, he has been part of all government except the UPA 2009-2014 region.